Athens

Acropolis, Athens, Greece
Acropolis, Athens, Greece
Acropolis, Athens, Greece
Acropolis, Athens, Greece
Acropolis, Athens, Greece

This trip has changed a lot of my perceptions. The city of Athens is a fascinating mix of old and new, rich and poor, large and small. In a country reeling from an economic crisis, hard working citizens sacrifice their time and personal lives to help people from countries near and far. In my last post I told you to look for the helpers, and believe me when I say there are many, many here. It was warmed my soul and made me want to do more.

In our snatched moments not spent in meetings we walked the streets and climbed the beautiful Acropolis, revelling in its history. I filmed the frivolous moments (don't forget to subscribe so that you don't miss it) and I hope you'll understand why I won't be showing you the rest.

I have to say the most surreal moment was sitting in the Greek Parliament as they discussed the budget after pitching our proposal to a member of the New Democracy. I didn't understand a word the politicians were shouting at each other but you couldn't help but be amused by their body language, and all the more so when I found out the debate was a decade-long argument about faulty submarines. Sometimes I can't help but wonder at the course my life has taken, and I love it.

Athens, Ευχαριστώ. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and share your thoughts with me. I read and reply to each and every one.