An Afternoon In Amsterdam



   


I have had the most wonderful afternoon. 

On the way back from Accra, Mumma and I planned a little holiday together in Amsterdam. It's been a place I've wanted to visit for a really long time, especially with her as it's something we've spoken about for the longest time. I arrived yesterday morning and we spent the rest of the day wandering around, basking in the beautiful architecture and endless bridges. 

I was also incredibly lucky to see the darling childhood friend pictured above. Cassius and I have known each other our whole lives, and it had been rather a long time since we'd caught up. However since he's studying at a university close to Amsterdam, he caught the train in and we spent a leisurely time in several coffee shops (no, not those) catching up on those little life details that have happened in our months apart. 

Later, Mumma and I visited the Anne Frank house. It was a truly moving time, and definitely a site that visitors to the city should endeavour to experience. With such a horrible history behind us, paying tribute to the millions who lost their lives through the thoughtful words of Anne Frank feels essential in order to never repeat such monstrosities.

This was only one day, we have so much more to see and I'm documenting it all (in video too - aren't you lucky?). Amsterdam has thus far lived up to all my expectations, even on this drizzly summer day. I'm very happy to be back in Europe, and even happier to be with family. 


Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram |  Pinterest 

- Camera used: Canon EOS M with 18-55mm lens - 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! I'd love to go to Amsterdam. Great post!

    Ella xx
    www.ellaselement.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow
    You welcome home dear

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and share your thoughts with me. I read and reply to each and every one.