Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls, Canada
Niagara Falls, Canada
Niagara Falls, Canada
Niagara Falls, Canada
Niagara Falls, Canada
Niagara Falls, Canada
Niagara Falls, Canada

I first saw Niagara Falls about ten years ago and felt that it should be on everyone's bucket list. So when my father paid me a visit in New York we rented a car and drove north until we reached the Canadian border.

There are actually two falls: the Horseshoe on the Canadian side and the American falls, with a wealth of things to do between the two.

An absolute classic is a boat trip, the Maid of the Mist or the Hornblower depending on which country you're coming from. It takes you right up to the edge and you cling on for dear life as the forceful spray dampens your clothes and exhilarates your senses. You can't even begin to imagine how much water is pouring over those cliffs until it starts to drench you.

The Canadian town itself is bizarre, a tacky tourist haven clashing with the natural beauty that draws the crowds. I wasn't a huge fan of it, and I'm glad we stayed a bit further out, but I can imagine it's a lot of fun if you're on holiday and want to visit Ripley's Believe It Or Not.

Trashy tourism aside, Niagara Falls is a truly beautiful place and definitely worth a visit. Have you ever been?


Next week I'll be posting my pictures from the helicopter ride, follow on Bloglovin so that you don't miss it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and share your thoughts with me. I read and reply to each and every one.